Bruce Baker is a founding member of the Firm. Bruce’s background is as a commercial lawyer, with over 20 years experience working with banks, entrepreneurs and business owners, focusing on commercial lending, secured transactions, business planning, business acquisitions and sales, real estate development and land use.
Bruce is a native Vermonter and is very engaged with policies that help create a bright future for Vermonters. Bruce currently serves on an advisory council for a Vermont community bank dedicated to the banking needs of Vermont families and businesses. Bruce also currently serves as vice chair of the Burlington Planning Commission, having served on the Commission for over ten years. Bruce serves and has served on various blue ribbon task forces, including the City of Burlington, Vermont Mall Redevelopment Task Force, the City of Burlington Permit Reform Advisory Committee and the City of Burlington Inclusionary Housing Working Group.
Bruce lives in Burlington with his amazing wife and son and is proud to be called “my American Dad” by two very special high school exchange students, one from South Korea and one from Taiwan. In his spare time, you will find Bruce dabbling in real estate, playing pickup soccer or basketball (and even coaching when the kids allow it).
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 1991, Summa Cum Laude)
- Wake Forest Law Review Editorial Board, -Wake Forest University School of Law – 1989-1991
- University of Vermont (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1986)
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Commercial Loan Documentation in Vermont, Continuing Education for Bankers, February, 2019
- Land Use Planning in One of America’s Most Livable Cities. August 2016 Seoul South Korea National University of Science and Technology Press
- Presenter and United States Representative, 2016 International Urban Planning Symposium Seoul National University of Science & Technology Graduate School of Architecture
- Real Estate Law Day, Connecticut Attorneys Title, CLE Presentation: Commercial Lending in Vermont, June 2015
- Real Estate Workouts in Vermont, National Business Institute
- Corporations and Partnerships in Vermont, National Education Network
- Entity Formation in Vermont, National Business Institute